Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Old media vs. New media. Translation: “Past vs. Future”

I have frustratingly been looking for an outlet to publish my articles, which might be sometimes long and winding. I managed to get 3 published in three different papers and in two countries. It gets a bit annoying because I feel I have so much to say; rhetoric that I think might make people think twice. I became disillusioned, but this morning I read Chez Pazienza’s blog where she talked about being fired from CNN because of the content of her blogs. Despite feeling abandoned, or perhaps even just being mad as hell, Chez Pazienza decided to take on the big bad wolf herself. Her weapon: new media. Can she win? My bet is on her. Look at Obama’s resurgence against Hillary, which is all possible not just because of new media, but also a younger technological savvy demographic group that will only increase in numbers. In Assault on Reason, Al Gore hypothesised that we will be looking back decades from now and grasped that television was just a transitional period to the age of information. I am inspired again. This will be my outlet.

No comments: